6 Easy Ways to Keep Your Furniture Termites-Free.
There are few insects as destructive as termites. These tiny pests can quickly annihilate wood, causing extensive damage to your furniture. While there’s no guaranteed way to prevent termites from invading your home. Many people are unaware that furniture can be infested with termites. Termites feed on the wood in your home, leaving you with soggy furniture and a lot of drywall repairs to do. Keeping your furniture termites-free is an important part of keeping your home healthy.
But as long-term home ownership becomes more expensive, it’s harder for us to keep up with the cost of pest control. Fortunately, there are ways you can prevent your furniture from being infested without breaking the bank. If you’re like most people, you probably don’t think about termites very often. But if you have furniture, it’s a good idea to keep them in mind.
Termites can do a lot of damage to wood, and if they’re not treated, they can eventually destroy your furniture. Fortunately, there are a few things you can do to keep them at bay. Here are six easy ways to keep your furniture termites-free.
- Cleanliness: Keep your furniture clean and free of debris. Termites are attracted to dirt and debris, so keeping your furniture clean is an important step in deterring them.
- Regular inspection: Inspect your furniture regularly for signs of termites. If you catch them early, you can reduce the amount of damage they cause.
- Avoid Moisture: Keep your furniture dry. Termites thrive in moist environments, so keeping your furniture dry is an effective way to prevent them.
- Wood Type: Use a termite-resistant wood finish. There are some finishes that are specifically designed to repel termites.
- Repairs: If you find any damage in your furniture, repair it immediately to prevent further damage.
- Remove unwanted wood: If you want to reduce your chances of having termites, you should make sure to remove large debris such as old wood, wood-chips, and the like from around your house.
There are a few things you can do to get rid of termites. You can try some home remedies, such as using boric acid or diatomaceous earth. You can also try using a termite bait system. If you have a serious problem, you may need to call a pest control company.
ASIS India is India’s leading manufacturer and supplier of Laminates, MDF Boards, Plywood and Particle Boards. We believe that sustainable consumption is the only way ahead to conserve nature for our future generations. Furniture made from moisture-resistant, termite-free, borer-proof, high quality, long-lasting ply, MDF boards, particle boards, and laminates from ASIS contributes handsomely to this goal!