Is Your Furniture Monsoon Ready? Here are a few tips from ASIS to help you do this!
The first monsoon shower is refreshing after the scorching heat of the long Indian summer. We all look forward to the drops of rain because they clean everything and make the planet look new and attractive. It’s pleasant to observe the rain from the comfort of our lovely homes when it’s raining outside. However, to appreciate the best of what the season has to offer while reducing the season’s occasional troubles, it’s a good idea to get your home ready for the season. To make these adjustments, you don’t need the help of experienced interior designers and decorators. These easy suggestions from ASIS India will help you in making your home Furniture monsoon-ready!
When we plan our home one of the major investments is furniture – ranging from the walls, flooring, and ceilings to the seating, tables, storage, modular kitchen cabinets, wardrobes…the list goes on and on!
While wood and ply are the primary materials that go into these, plywood is also used for decorative purposes such as wall cladding, fake ceilings, and wooden floors, all of which can give your home a warm vibe. Purchasing plywood is a sizeable expense, and it is this single investment that decides the longevity of your furniture / furnishing. As a result, it is critical to devote time to selecting the best plywood furniture to maximize the value of both plywood and time. After investing so much of your precious time and money allowing the monsoons to create havoc in your home, is obviously not a good idea.
Here are some suggestions from ASIS India for your furniture.
1. Keeping wooden furniture in good condition during the monsoon can be difficult. Pesticide deodorant and camphor or naphthalene balls, which are moisture absorbers, are some of the best ways to maintain such furniture.
2. Keep the moisture out: Upholstered furniture tends to attract moisture from the walls, causing the wood to rot. To avoid damage during the rainy season, pull your sofas, beds, wardrobes, and cupboards six inches away from the walls. When the rain stops, open the windows to let in as much light as possible, which will help to keep the rooms dry. Using a pesticide deodorant, such as camphor or naphthalene balls, to absorb moisture, They’ll also keep termites and other pests out of your clothes and wardrobe. If you prefer something more natural, neem leaves or cloves can be used in the same way.
3. Use a humidifier: Humidifiers are an excellent investment for controlling temperature and humidity. Having control over humidity levels at home would extend the life of your furnishings.
4. Wet cloths should never be used to clean your home’s furniture. Instead, clean and dry wiping cloths are recommended. Furthermore, during the monsoon, dust should not be left unattended because it tends to attach to wooden goods.
5. Apply a coat of lacquer or varnish at least once every two years, depending on the polish of the furniture, to fill the pores and prolong its longevity by preventing the wood from swelling.
As India’s leading manufacturer and provider of laminates, plywood, MDF, and particle boards, we at ASIS India take pride in being at the forefront of harnessing state-of-the-art technology in all aspects of our organization. The expertise in furniture at ASIS India has been built over the last 3 decades+ in an old-fashioned way – by doing it ourselves!
Our superior-quality plywood that meets IS 303 regulations. Made with hardwood veneers and bonded with Amino Resin for MR grade, this plywood is calibrated for consistent thickness throughout. Moisture, termites, and borer resistance are all high. MR Grade Plywood is ideal for all interior applications that require both durability and cost-effectiveness.
We manufacture the highest quality pre-laminated and plain particle boards to meet your specific needs. Our Grade I boards are most suited for high-humidity applications, whereas our Grade II boards are best suited for interior use. We can accommodate diverse size and application needs with great finesse because of our knowledge and usage of cutting-edge European technology. Our innovative impregnation line, together with our in-house resin manufacture, serves to set us apart from the competition. Our particle boards meet BIS standards and come with the ECO MARK quality seal.
Our laminates are Scratch and abrasion-resistant. When compared to other laminates on the market, the wide and exquisite variety of ASIS laminates stands out for their superior colorfastness and bonding qualities.
MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard) is a newcomer to the wood panel market. MDF boards, which are made of wood and other lignocelluloses, are refined into fibers and reconstituted with a resin binder at high temperature and pressure. The boards are also sanded to ensure a consistent and accurate thickness, resulting in the highest quality plain and pre-laminated MDF. Our MDF boards also meet BIS standards and are certified by the Eco Mark of Quality.